Yesterday, LAT schools took part in the annual London Primary Silent Film Festival at the Criterion Theatre, Piccadilly.
Following the success of the LAT festival earlier in June, schools presented their films in front of a large audience of more than 500 people.
The films were awarded many prizes, including best original story, best sequence, best filming day, best set and props, best male and female lead and, of course, best film and many others.
Our schools won several prizes. Here is the list:
- Best Female Lead and Funniest moment: ‘Love is in the Air’, St Paul’s and All Hallows’ – St Martha class;
- Best costumes: ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, Holy Trinity;
- Best action sequence: ‘ Insane Bolt’, St Andrew and St Francis – Andrew class;
- Best workshop day: ‘Going for Gold’, St Michael’s;
- Best original story: ‘Mummy Mia’, St Paul’s and All Hallows’ – St Martin de Porres class;
- also ‘The End’, St Ann’s, and ‘Super’, St Andrew and St Francis – Francis class, have been awarded.
A very well done to all pupils, teachers and schools involved in this successful project.
St Michael’s film won the Best Workshop Day Award
Holy Trinity’s film won the Best Costume Award
‘Love is in the Air’ has been awarded with the Funniest moment Award
Victoria from St Paul’s and All Hallows’ St Martha Class won the Best Female Lead Award